Mr. Obama doesn’t seem satisfied with being President. He wants to be dictator. He has the socialist/communist philosophy that individuals and states can do nothing, effectively. The Federal Government is the one entity that can solve all our problems. When the states and the people disagree he signs an executive order to force his will on us.
Yesterday Mr. Obama made clear, with his “Remarks by the President on Common-sense Gun Safety Reform”, that he intends to take action, because “the gun lobby” is “holding Congress hostage”. This statement, beginning with it’s title, is full of lies and deception:
- It is not common-sense to portray gun control laws as effective, in controlling the actions of violent law-breakers. Common-sense tells us that criminals will break these laws, while law-abiding citizens will be disarmed.
- The “gun lobby” is not holding Congress hostage. Informed citizens are insisting that their right to keep and bear arms should not be further infringed. Congress is reacting to the will of the people and that doesn’t sit well with “Dictator” Obama.
- Obama says that his action empowering the ATF is within his “legal authority”. Judge Andrew Napolitano, on Fox News immediately after Obama’s pronouncement, said it is “a blatant attack on the separation of powers” of the Constitution that he thinks will be successfully challenged in the courts.
- In his “common-sense” remarks, Mr. Obama indicates that these increased ATF powers will somehow make mass shootings like Sandy Hook and San Bernadino less likely. Since these shootings took place in “gun-free” areas, common-sense dictates that armed citizens in these areas could have deterred these violent crimes. In Switzerland, where every man from age 20 – 42 has a firearm, there has never been a mass school-yard shooting.
- Mr. Obama claims “Today, background checks are required at gun stores. If a father wants to teach his daughter how to hunt, he can walk into a gun store, get a background check, purchase his weapon safely and responsibly. This is not seen as an infringement on the Second Amendment. Contrary to the claims of what some gun rights proponents have suggested, this hasn’t been the first step in some slippery slope to mass confiscation. Contrary to claims of some presidential candidates, apparently, before this meeting, this is not a plot to take away everybody’s guns.” I’ve never hunted and I’m not interested in teaching my daughters how to hunt. The citizens who oppose waiting periods, background checks, and any laws infringing the right to keep and bear arms are concerned about the right to defend ourselves from both criminals and government would- be dictators like Obama. The only reason we haven’t gone further down the slippery slope to total gun confiscation is because informed citizens continue to apply pressure to Congress. Dictator Obama claims ” this is not a plot to take away everybody’s guns”, I say Mr. Obama is lying. The only reason a man of Obama’s intelligence would spew such nonsense as “common-sense” is to cover up the real agenda. Dictator Obama doesn’t want to have to answer, to an armed populace, for his socialist/communist attacks on freedom and, as the word plot implies, he’s not alone in this agenda.
I suggest reading these two articles, “Obama’s Executive Orders Threaten Separation of Powers” and “Obama: Showman-in-Chief”. They are both from the New American magazine and will give some needed perspective on this issue.
We close by pointing out, as we have before, executive orders are unconstitutional. Only Congress (the legislative branch) may legislate. The executive branch and the judiciary branch have zero law-making power, since all legislative authority is vested in congress (Article I, Section 1 U.S. Constitution). Also, ALL gun control legislation violates the U.S. Constitution and our PA State Constitution, which states in Article I, section 21 : “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”