It’s Ash Wednesday! So begins the 40 days of Lent. Since today is an obligatory day of fasting and abstinence for Catholics I thought I would share one of our favorite Lenten recipes.
- 2 ½ cups tomato/pasta sauce
- 2 bags (32 oz) frozen cheese ravioli
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spread ½ cup sauce into greased 11 X 7 baking dish.
- Layer with ravioli (no need to thaw), 1 ½ spinach, ½ cup mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of pasta sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle top with ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I plan to do the Lenten Mercy Challenge…get more info at LentenMercyChallenge.org. This challenge was developed to help others grow closer to Christ during this Year of Mercy through prayer and fasting. I hope some of you will join me in this campaign!