As of Monday July 17, 2017, the U.S. Government has a “Summary of Objectives for the NAFTA Renegotiation”.
President Trump promised to put America First. This summary of objectives does not look like America first . Why is it an American objective to support and further empower the World Trade Organization (WTO)? This summary of objectives, in renegotiating NAFTA, seeks to comply with and/or further empower the WTO in the following areas:
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Trade in Services
- Sanitary and Phyosanitary Measures
- Customs and Trade Facilitation
- State- Owned and Controlled Enterprises (SOEs)
- Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT)
Also included in these objectives are requirements for NAFTA countries concerning:
- The environment (especially fishing, endangered species, and flora & fauna)
- Occupational safety and health
- Labor rights
I am sure businessmen, who understand the effect on industry of Federal Government regulation in these areas, are not happy to see these items in a summary of objectives for renegotiating NAFTA.
Naturally with all these regulations “Free” Trade in North America will certainly require “Dispute Settlement”. Don’t worry it’s addressed on page 17 of our objectives.
In order to put America first, we must terminate not renegotiate NAFTA. Please let President Trump and your Congressmen know, it is time to Get US Out of NAFTA!
- President Trump: 202-456-1111 or 202-456
- Senator Toomey: 202-224-4254 or 215-241-1090
- Senator Casey: 202-224-6324 or 717-231
- Representative: 202-225-3121
Ask them to terminate NAFTA don’t renegotiate.
This article is pertinent: